Thursday, December 3, 2015

Five Great Things from December 3, 2015

Today was an awesome day! I am a bit late in getting to this, but just prepping for taking a half day tomorrow and next week ...


  • Today students presented science fair projects that were done entirely at home and blew me away. I wasn't sure what to expect and had low expectations, but they just blew me away. Good to know for future at home assignments. 
  • I finished grouping students and analyzing data for my SLO (teacher evaluation thing) to target some specific skills in Math. I am excited to really hit the ground running with these groupings and data collection. I can't wait to see the kids growth. 
  • Math class today did really well with a strategy of pass the problem. They also asked some great questions about plugging values into expressions and using calculators. 
  • Today we started using some calculators in math and it went really well. I got to show a few kids how to use the exponent button and they thought it was cool.
  • I am going to go home before the night time science fair display starts (so I get to avoid the incoming parent traffic).
That's all for today, have a good night and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment