Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Five Great Things For December 1, 2015

Two days in a row time to keep the greatness streak going!


  • Today I am leaving fully prepped for tomorrow and am leaving the sub with some activities that should actually be beneficial for students and not just busy work. 
  • I read aloud to my students for a second day in a row and they are really listening to and working toward understanding the text.
  • We used to read aloud to make claims about traits the main character has using a Google Doc. The students are getting used to a brainstorming strategy I've used as a whole class a few times. Where I give them all access to a blank document and ask a question. They then respond in the document and I call out their responses whole class. This can be chaotic, but once they get used to it it really generates some great ideas for whole class writing. 
  • Students went from our meeting area to having a blank Google doc open and attached to the assignment in under 3 minutes. This is huge progress and very close to the amount of time it would take them to set up their notebook.
  • I feel my writing lesson really made students better writers today and am really excited to see how we progress and grow on our literary essay unit.
See you again tomorrow! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment