Monday, December 14, 2015

Five Great Things for December 14, 2015

Five great things about today:

  • I made it through a Monday. It really seems this year Mondays are just tough. Once I get rolling though the rest of the weeks seems to work pretty well.
  • I met with two small groups in Math and think I got most of them to master the concept of evaluating expressions with adding and subtracting integers. They all got the problems right, but some took a few more tries than others and needed additional feedback/teaching.
  • I think my new "guided reading" structure is starting to work. I just use ten minutes. 5 minutes teach, 5 minutes read, then a quick share. I try to meet every day and squeeze it in. So far in three days of adjusting my structure I have had much more productive meetings.
  • Again I did conferencing on writing through Google docs and saw much more engagement in working on their writing. Hopefully we can get these essays done before break. 
  • I wrote five great things about today! 
See you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment