Thursday, December 17, 2015

Five Great Things for December 17, 2015

I forgot to get this done earlier, but am taking a moment to reflect here now. Five great things from today (and yesterday):

  • In math we did some quick group presentations teaching each other to simplify algebraic expressions using models. Every group was able to clearly explain how to use a model to simply their expression. 
  • Students worked on comparing the governments of a few early civilizations using an H diagram. They had the information and I ultimately was just getting out of their way. All they needed from me was to give them time and help them stay focused. I tried to ask a few questions as I watched them work to further some thinking, but ultimately they seemed to have the task down. 
  • Today we accomplished a closing circle activity and dismissal better than any day I can think of in my entire career. The efficiency and volume of dismissal today was fantastic. 
  • I'm pretty sure I figured out who my Secret Santa is!
  • I attended a parent conference for my son at daycare. It's amazing how just being present and caring can make a huge difference. It felt good to just hear some specifics and get to sit with his primary teacher 1:1, even if he is 2 (turning 3 in March). 
That is five for now. I'll try to jump on and get five more tomorrow. We have school next week for three days though so I'm sure I'll make at least one post then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment