Thursday, November 12, 2015

Five Great Things November 12, 2015

So looking at three days in a row ... does that count as one of the great things? It always could!


  • I was able to start math class on time again, starting with a ten minute warm up/greeting. This is where students rewatch last nights homework video, work on finish/starting notes (if they didn't do them), and I check homework. Most importantly I individually tell each student that they matter. It seems like a silly thing, but the kids actually enjoy and appreciate it. 
  • We made some more growth and progress in setting up our digital portfolios and one student has uploaded and reflected on the six main pieces of work needed for our student led conferences!
  • The students suggested that we change our writing assignment to writing about characters they are more interested in (I had assigned a text to read from). So we are going to be writing about the characters from our Dystopian novels instead. I look forward to hearing about the characters from The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Giver
  • I have established some healthy workflow routines in creating math and word study videos. This includes videos for five word study groups. Although I usually can use old videos for 2/5 groups so I'm only making three a week. Basically I'm averaging 3 math, and 3 word study videos created each week. It is feeling pretty manageable at this point too. 
  • My parents are coming to visit the our new baby this weekend and are arriving a day before we expected them!
Here to to coming back tomorrow to write five more things! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment