Friday, November 13, 2015

Five Great Things for November 13, 2015

Today went really well! Doesn't ever day? Here are five things that were great today.


  • I again started math class on time and told every student they mattered.
  • In math we worked on a puzzle and students really persevered through the problem even though is was pretty big and challenging. I told them how awesome that was of them.
  • I met with all of my "literature circle" groups this week. Yeah, I know if I'm meeting with them it isn't literature circles. I'm modifying it to help build success later in the year. 
  • I found a problem in my schedule and have a plan to change it. Just switching which groups I pull during daily 5 time to make sure students are all here for their group.
  • I have more than half my students done with their portfolios and ready to plan their student led conference on Monday afternoon! The rest are close to finishing as well, we were mentally drained from all the intense reflecting today!
I do have a question I need to work on finding the answer to though. While I am trying to create every day and share my positive thoughts (mainly to build my own positivity muscle), I would like to share with the world. I need to find a way to quickly tweet out my blog posts when I make them. Maybe the If This Then That thing I have heard about? I'll explore that next week. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment