Monday, November 16, 2015

Five Great Things for November 16, 2015

Today  had plenty of great things so I'll try to capture a few of them in these five.


  • I successfully met with "small groups" that were large, provided some instruction, took an exit ticket and lowered the group size down to something more manageable to work in small groups with. There were some students who were having trouble adding integers and determine how to handle each problem based on the signs of the numbers. So we reviewed, did an exit ticket on an index card, and I called back to the small group table those who still needed a bit more help to review some more. 
  • Students have really grown in their ability to take two and three column notes. I am seeing a lot more engaged and focused note taking. This is good because I feel like my modeling is starting to pay some small dividends. 
  • I managed to record a math video on dividing rational numbers with my new stylus pen and it was awesome. I can't wait to keep using this pen to make more videos. I'm really doing well with this work flow and this pen will make the videos easier for students to understand. My handwriting is messy enough with a pen. Having to decipher it when I write with my finger is tough. 
  • I reached out again to all my parents to schedule student led conferences. I have almost 100% scheduled.
  • I am working on a second week of daily reflections listing five great things about the day. It is a fantastic way for me to reflect, highlight the positive, and head home on a good note.
See you all tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment