Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Five Great Things for November 17, 2015

Well after losing a lot of sleep last night due to a crying baby and toddler deciding 3 AM was time to play, I will start off today's good things with just making it through the day.


  • I made it through the day.
  • Students did an excellent job of taking notes on the characteristics of civilization. 
  • Students in math became curious about the order of operations which is our next topic. This is great so they will hopefully be able to learn them easier since they are already curious about it.  This happened organically though some classwork that involved some different operations, and I made a mistake in the problem. So we had to figure out how to fix my mistake and learned the appropriate order of operations. 
  • Most students were working hard and diligently at listening to their dystopian novel and writing down questions to discuss in groups. 
  • I am starting to get some comfort level with the content on Mesopotamia and early civilizations from teaching, research, and planning. Thus allowing me to maybe start creating some video lectures to help students access the information and apply it in a way to fits our unit and standards. 
Tomorrow is student led conferences after school. I hope to find a chance to write a post, but they last until 6. Let's hope I can get on here and post five great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment